Interview with Alex Mullan of Massthetics.net
This year I’ve met some inspiring and kick-ass dudes.
Alex Mullan is one of those dudes.
Alex is the owner and creator of MASSthetics. A fitness blog dedicated to helping dudes get JACKED.
Why is getting jacked important? Because as Alex says, “when you look incredible, you feel incredible. When you feel incredible, incredible things begin to happen in your life.”
Similar to my belief, Alex Mullan believes when you take control of your physique, everything else falls into place.
Alex wants to help men and women build the best body they’ve ever been in.
No longer will you be wasting your time in the gym. No longer will your confusion about what, when, and how to eat hold you back. No longer will you be trapped in a physique that doesn’t bring a smile to your face.
Because Alex’s goal is to take all that away.
In this episode we discuss:
- The Old Dirty Burrito
- Toasty balls
- Hockey and his roots
- Good shit that comes with physique development
- Hockey training vs bodybuilding
- Bodybuilding competition vs other sports
- Rookie bodybuilding surprises
- Mindset and hunger and lack of energy
- How he found energy to create content and be an entrepreneur while prepping for a show
- His love of coffee
- His biggest rookie mistake
- Where he sees himself going now
- How to you navigate social situations
- Importance of having a great partner/significant other
- His favorite part of the process
- What I Learned During My Photoshoot Prep
- Ben Johnson
- Self Doubt & Entrepreneurship
- What he enjoyed or discovered during the process
- Importance of discipline
- Learning Spanish
- What he learned living in another country
- Fun Questions
- Sword fighting
- What genre of film would his life be
- Sissy Squat
- Bent E-Z Bar Curl
- What was the first thing on his mind when he left the stage
- His post bodybuilding training/challenges
- What he needs to improve for next time
- Where he placed in each show