During the time that I’ve been a part of the Roman Fitness Systems Mastermind, I have had the chance to meet some amazing people.
Ben Johnson, is one of the most genuine, intelligent, and down to Earth dudes, I’ve ever met.
Ben is a writer, fitness coach, and one hell of an amazing cook.
In his past, Ben Johnson was the fat kid. He struggled with his weight for years until he, like many people, took it more serious.
At his core, Ben wants to help people. Whether that is developing as a writer, carrying their groceries, or helping them achieve their health and fitness goals, Ben’s primary goal is to help as many people as he can.
Ben is a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints—most commonly referred to as Mormons.
It’s from his faith and the foundation that he was raised on that feeds his desire to help others.
Having got to know Ben, I don’t think I’ve ever met anyone more willing to go out of their way to help their fellow man or woman.
Oh yea, I mentioned he loves to cook. The dude is probably a 4-star chef and doesn’t even know it.
In this episode we discuss:
- Bro envy
- Why we don’t like bench pressing
- How he got into fitness
- Looking back on who you were
- American Pie and High School
- Southern CA weather
- Drivers in Utah
- Biggest differences in East Coast vs West Coast
- Talking to random strangers
- What is the Em dash
- Adam Bornstein
- On Writing Well
- Amazon Book Lists
- Ben’s Piece on Judging
- Darth Vader
- Tomatoes, Struggles with Self-Doubt, & Entrepreneurship
- Gift Poems and Inspiration
- The therapy of writing
- How his religious upbringing influences his ideas about fitness/nutrition
- Nutritional guidelines within Mormon teachings
- The difference between herbal tea and tea
- Fun Questions
- Flags of our Fathers vs Letters of Iwo Jima
- Sucker for caramel
- How he found a passion for cooking
- Making his own yogurt
- Yogurt vs Greek Yogurt
- Ben’s Photoshoot Facebook post
- What he learned from his photoshoot