Episode 93: The Return of Chuck Gross
In episode 93 of the podcast, my first podcast guest ever, Chuck Gross, returns to catch us up with what he’s been up to for the last year and a half.
You can check out Chuck’s first episode here.
Chuck is a dad, husband, a coach, a programmer, and a former fat kid that has lost and kept off 200lbs.
He went back to school, while working full-time, and gained his bachelor’s degree at age 34. At the same time, he also became a certified personal trainer.
Chuck Gross is a lover of craft beers, movies, traveling, and reading fiction (Heinlein and Vonnegut are his favorites), somehow Chuck still finds time to enjoy his favorite obsession, Magic The Gathering.
He claims to be a recovering MMO and video game addict, but you can still find him playing WoW as Usiel on US Arthas.
On this episode we discuss:
- Root Beer
- The best soda
- What he’s been up to since Episode 1
- My hatred of Jesse Eisenberg/Lex Luthor
- Batman vs Superman
- Working the extremely obese clients
- Dropping his own ego
- Nerd and Geek culture now
- Talking and meeting people in the fitness industry
- Censoring yourself
- What’s changed the most over the last 8 years for him
- Changes in your mind allow those changes in your body to happen
- No longer fears failure
- What he fears now
- Overly committing himself
- What mistakes he made at first on his journey
- You can’t push in both directions
- What Thoreau quote guides him (the price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for it)
- What he’s exchanged the most of to better himself
- Tommy Baker Episode
- What spurred him to be selfish
- Homework from his daughter
- Star Wars Episode 7
- His passion for movies
- Beard coach on YouTube
- Writing vs video
- Drawing a line in the sand
- His biggest transformation in the last year
- The power of now
- Episode 1