Interview with Greg Nuckols.
Greg was voted as one of the 5 fitness coaches taking the world by storm by Fitocracy earlier in 2014. Greg has held world records in power-lifting and has become known for his thorough use of science and data to back up his articles. As he says on his site: “His passion is synthesizing scientific research and in-the-trenches experience to stay at the forefront of the strength game, and to become the best coach and athlete possible”.
Greg has the mind of Bruce Banner, the strength of the Hulk but the temperament of a teddy bear. Not to mention one of the most glorious beards on Earth.
In this episode we discuss:
- how Greg got into lifting weights
- world records
- his goal of lifting a combined 2000 pounds on bench/deadlift/squat
- where his love of science/data/facts stems from
- Dunning-Kruger Effect
- Humanity and our pack sensibilities
- his diet
- his goal of getting a PhD
- “embrace the process and not the outcome”
- his weakest lift and his weak biceps
- Social Intelligence
- Favorite beers
- Ideas that need to die in the fitness industry
- Juggernaut Training
- His go to lifting playlist