Interview with Jordan Syatt
In this episode, I chat with Jordan Syatt of Syatt Fitness in Boston.
Jordan is a 5x World Record Powerlifter and has lifted 4x his bodyweight on the deadlift. He has been featured on CNN, The Huffington Post, Men’s Fitness Magazine, Schwarzenegger.com, T-Nation.com and more.
He was also included in the Fitocracy 30 under 30: The Young Professionals Changing the Face of Fitness in 2014.
He has released a new e-book entitled Raw Strength for Powerlifting: Your 12 Week Peaking Program to help people add huge gains to their strenght PRs. He has now moved from training just for strength and is aspiring to succeed at a the new challenge of Brazilian Ju-Jitsu.
In this episode we discuss:
– lifting 4x his bodyweight (132 pounds) on a deadlift
– how to frame your mind for the long haul of getting stronger
– strength is not linear
– why the sumo over the conventional
– what you do to keep the barbell from rolling away on a deadlift
– how he developed his training principles
– one thing he has learned on his own that has benefited him in training/biz/or life in general
– people don’t see results because they dont follow a program long enough.
– why some people treat fitness like Frogger
– wanting it all now vs hustling
– how he keeps his client accountable
– flexible dieting and how it is a progression
– what wizard house he would be in and what spell would be his favorite spell
– A whiskey a day keeps the doctor at bay
– What color would be be as a Ranger and what animal would his Zord be
– his spirit animal
– The Rock
– what historical figure would he have dinner with
– How heavy lifting will help him in Brazilian Ju-Jitsu
– his guilty pleasure track
– How Lightsabers and Wizard Wands could solve World Peace