Interview with James Clear
In this episode, I interview author, entrepreneur, weightlifter, and travel photographer James Clear.
James has written an amazing eBook on how to transfer your habits. He is a firm believer that if you can master your habits, you can master your life.
A Duke University study showed that 45% of what we do each day is habitual. James came on the show to chat about how he coaches people to transform their habits as well as how he maintains a high level of fitness even with a busy schedule.
He is also an accomplished athlete who in 2008 was named an Academic All-American for baseball by ESPN and in 2012 he was a finalist for the Travel Photographer of the Year award.
In this episode we discuss:
– how sports helped him establish routines
– his hardest habit to master
– his process for building habits
– habits are not a finish line, they are a lifestyle/pattern to commit to
– his history with power lifting and current regiment
– favorite lift
– how he structures workouts when he is on the road
-his favorite place to shoot photos and the one he wants to visit the most
– his guilty pleasure work out track
– the difference between routines and habits
– creating ceremony/rituals for new habits
– morning routines
-how he coaches people to build habits
– the super hero he would be
– if his life were an action movie who would play James Clear
– who inspires him