Jason Helmes Returns to Discuss His New Program
Jason Helmes returns, almost a year to the date we last heard from him.
As one of my first guests, not to mention a huge inspiration on my work and growth as an entrepreneur, I am a huge fan of Jason’s work.
When he approached me and asked about coming on the show to chat about his new muscle building program, No Squats. No Deadlifts. HUGE GAINS, I quickly said, yes.
Jason gets it.
He’s not only a living breathing example of the hard work he put in to achieve his physique goals, but he is a straight up hardcore-hustler.
Every single week he is putting out some form of content for his audience. Whether it’s an article or now his podcast and Facebook video series, Jason works.
Like myself, he is an experimenter. Testing new ideas and protocols on himself before using them on clients.
His latest program, No Squats. No Deadlifts. HUGE GAINS, came from a bulking experiment he did last winter.
Click here for the gains <==== or don’t click and get no gains.
In this episode we discuss:
- Jason’s previous episodes (1 and 2)
- Anyman Fitness Podcast
- Catching up on what he’s been up to
- No Squats, No Deadlifts, Huge Gains
- A middle school teacher who got curious
- Starting with the big 3 (squat, bench, deadlift)
- Keeping the curiosity juices flowing
- The people who “care”
- Brad Schoenfield
- 3 Factors that Make Muscles Bigger
- Arnold and The Pump
- Beat the Training Log
- High volume programming and who this product is for
- Why you need a base of strength
- Muscle gain program, not a fat loss program
- Why it’s best to get lean, then get jacked
- How Jason has evolved as a coach
- Looking great naked and feeling better
- Embracing the primality
- Why he went back to eating breakfast
- How breakfast changed aspects of his life vs fasting
- The gains he saw on the program
- Trusting the process
- Dorian Yates
- Rest Pause
- Century sets
- The sanctum of the gym
- Nutrition aspect of the program
- Most People