It’s that time of year again. No, it’s not the end of summer. Well, it kind of is. But that’s not what I’m talking about.
Nope, this is the time of the year where my good friend Jason Helmes returns to the podcast and catches us up on what he’s been up to.
Jason was one of my first guests on the podcast nearly three years ago, and then he came back on in 2015, and again in 2016.
This year, however, Jason and I dive into what his life has been like after he retired from teaching, and how he’s adjusted to the life of an entrepreneur. We dive into how his life has improved, what new struggles he’s taken on, and what he’s done to make life less stressful.
At the end, we also dive into some deeply personal things and discuss marriage, masculinity, and how his mom taught him about sex.
In this episode we discuss:
- Daily Schedules and calendars
- Turning off notification
- What it’s like in New York City
- Quitting teaching and going full-time with online coaching
- Mindset shifts he made as an entrepreneur
- Finding balance with work and family
- What he learned being not being present mentally with his children
- Masculinity, gender roles, and lessons men can learn in their 30s
- Sex lessons from his mom
For more on Jason head here.