John Fawkes used to be shy, scrawny, and scared. Now he’s a fitness coach who turns science geeks into ripped, sexy beasts.
When he’s not pumping iron or answering emails, he’s usually singing karaoke, playing Dungeons & Dragons (as a wizard, obviously), studying martial arts or eating ice cream.
Last year, John traveled all over the world for 9-months living the nomad lifestyle. He returned home to the US and now lives in San Francisco, CA.
John has written for sites like The Observer, MyFitnessPal, Roman Fitness Systems, and many more. Click here to join John’s free recomp program and download his Habit Change Cheat Sheet.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Growing up in Southern CA
- Being a science geek
- Technology assisted meditation
- Brain waves
- Going out in San Francisco
- How he got into fitness
- Make Your 30s Better than Your 20s 30-Day Challenge
- If something is easy for you work on it a little. If it’s something that’s hard for you, work on it a lot – Buddhist Proverb
- What he learned traveling the world for 9 months
- Making changes to your fitness regiment when life gets hectic
- Do what you can instead of doing nothing
- Creating knowledge and wisdom
- Fun questions
- What he’s nerding out on
- Patrick Rothfuss
- What got him into the world of nerd
- Journey (the video game)