Maddy Moon is a former bodybuilding/bikini competitor who from a young age, dealt with the crushing issues of control. She thought control over her diet and lifestyle would lead to freedom but it left her feeling more out of control than ever.
Maddy says it’s this reason why she couldn’t find herself. Her addiction to control was the sole reason she could not find true happiness and purpose.
Through soul searching and travel, Maddy finally bucked the trends and found Maddy Moon.
Her work has been featured on The Huffington Post, Teen Vogue, The Daily Mail, and Vice. She also hosts the hugely popular and successful podcast, Mind Body Musings.
In this episode we discuss:
- Early message of women and health and body images
- Struggling with being enough
- Manifesting goodness in life
- Failure and protectionism
- How you see something: did you really fail?
- Finding intuition
- Mark Manson’s book “The Subtle Art of Not Giving a Fuck”
- Defining the values in your life
- How to Win Friends and Influence Others
- Neil Gaiman’s 2012 commencement speech
- How she stays in the creative spirit
- Embracing the pain: feel it to heal it and feel it to share it
- Fun questions
- The dark side of perfectionism
- How do you find the perspective for knowing when or what to give a fuck about
- Contemplating your mortality
- Finding her purpose while traveling
- Why Colorado is amazing
- When does she know she’s gone too far and overexerted herself
- What she is nerding out on now
- The Gollum and the Jinni