Interview with Mike Samuels
In this episode, I interview Mike Samuels of Healthy Living, Heavy Lifting.
He is a personal trainer and online coach from England. Mike is a reformed “clean” eater and has had success in competing in physique competitions. He started as a cardio junkie but found his passion for strength training and bodybuilding. Mike has written for STACK, EliteFTS, and LIVESTRONG to name a few.
In this episode we discuss:
- how he got into training
- his struggles with clean eating and how Lane Norton opened his eyes to flexible dieting
- moderation and how you can help clients learn it
- hardest part of training for a bodybuilding show
- cravings and their impacts on restrictive diets
- the buffet struggle
- how to create rules and schedule cheat days/feast days
- what superhero he would be
- what guility pleasure he listens to on his workout mix
- what famous person in history he would have dinner with
- Daily Undulating Periodization Training