Martijn Koevoets was bitten by the iron bug after an embarrassing moment in high school where he couldn’t bench the 45lbs bar.
Since then Martijn has been building strength and gaining muscle and can now deadlift 3x his bodyweight.
Martijn writes for his website, Powerlifting University. But has also been featured on websites like Strengtheory, EliteFTS, JTSStrength, JMAX Fitness, Lift The Bar, Healthy Living Heavy Lifting and more.
He also acts as a powerlifting coach with Shredded By Science. An international evidence-based coaching company in the UK.
Martijn decided last year that he wanted to get the best in the powerlifting community together in one place. But he didn’t want to have to ask people to fly to a destination and spend hundreds, if not thousands, on one event.
And thanks to the power of the Internet, Martijn can do this today and you can attend from the comfort of your home or office.
This year’s summit features over 20 speakers and presenters and will last 8 days. Those speaking at this event include: Dan John, Tim Henriques, Chad Wesley Smith, Former Coach of the Soviet Olympic Team, Boris Sheiko, Layne Norton, and more.
Even if you’re not a powerlifter, there’s a ton of information you can grab from this summit and use in your own training.
In this episode we discuss:
- Includes former guests: Tim Henriques, Jordan Syatt, Dan John, Greg Nuckols
- How powerlifting helped him improve his life
- Powerlifting vs bodybuilding
- Powerlifting University
- Ray Williams 1005 Pound Squat
- Jennifer Thompson lifts 325 pounds
- Why taking time off is important, even for powerlifters
- The cost of the Online Powerlifting Summit
- Record holders who are speaking at the event
- Fun questions
- How to Drink Whiskey
- The best whiskey he’s tried in the last year
- Who is this summit for?
- FAQ on The Online Powerlifting Summit
- Contact Martijn