A Gamer’s Guide to Increasing Your SPECIAL Rating in Real Life
In Fallout 4, you’re allowed the ability to invest your attribute points into SPECIAL stats at the start of the game. However, unlike the previous
Unlike the previous games, each SPECIAL stat in Fallout 4 starts out at 1 instead of 5. But you can level each one up as your character levels up.
SPECIAL stands for: Strength, Perception, Endurance, Charisma, Intelligence, Agility, and Luck.
All of these attributes are important in our real lives as well.
In this episode of the podcast, I break down each attribute and show you what steps you can take to level each of these attributes up in your own life.
A few notes from the episode:
- Strength and why it matters
- Longevity and strength studies
- Wolff’s Law
- Helps prevent injury
- Mindful (awareness) – this perk in F4 allows you to see your enemies weaknesses more clearly – learning the contents of food
- Tracking workouts allows you to see how you’re progressing: think of it as your XP bar, that way you know when you’re about to level up
- Why tracking food is important
- Eyeball portions
- I have a guide on my website that is a great introduction to eating the foods that promote fat loss, muscle gain, and feeling more awesome without counting calories. once you have that down and then spend 6 months going deeper and counting, weighing out your food, and increasing your nutrition perception. it will take your gains, or fat loss to a whole new level
- Cardiovascular health – life giver – being more active can help prevent disease and early death
- Build better muscle – limbs won’t be resistant but you’ll build better muscle in them with cardio
- Stay in zone 2 or 65-70% of your heart rate max – determine that by taking your age and subtracting your age, but as long you’re between 115-140 BPM, you’ll be in zone 2
- Get rid of muscle waste faster
- Pump better blood
- Why a stronger heart means better endurance
- Increasing confidence
- When you achieve your goals you better understand how to provide support for those going through the process now
- Puts you outside your comfort zone which will, eventually, translates into other areas of your life
- Increases your testosterone, which as guys we need.
- Why and how to get smarter
- Get better sleep
- Imitate those you love
- Train for power and speed
- Lateral movement
- Do the work