Interview with Tim Henriques
Tim Henriques is a coach, author, powerlifter and the Director of the National Personal Training Institute of VA/MD/DC.
Tim has competed in powerlifting for 20 years. In college, Tim was named as an All-American Powerlifter with the USAPL.
In 2003, he deadlifted 700 lbs at 198 pounds which set a VA State Record. Besides powerlifting, Tim has also competed in strongman and arm-wrestling competitions.
His book, All About Powerlifting, is one of the best resources for anyone looking to get ridiculously strong.
Besides lifting, Tim is a husband, father, and a lifelong gamer.
Tim lives in Northern Virginia with his wife, kids, and dog.
In this episode we discuss:
- His gaming history
- Playing Diablo with his kids
- NPAL Atlanta
- Why powerlifting vs bodybuilding
- Ray Williams 1,005 pound squat
- Taking care of yourself while powerlifting
- Dieting for powerlifters
- Why it’s better for him to gain weight
- The day after a powerlifting meet
- Biggest mistake he made at his first competition
- The basic rules of powerlifting
- Squat stances
- Most common objection about powerlifting
- Tips for training like a powerlifter
- Fun questions
- Improving your squat, bench, & deadlift
- All About Powerlifting